Saturday, September 26, 2009

Little Guy

This morning began with my thoughts to venture out and about to the mall and to Costco. I got up, got myself ready and then the kids ready. Jon elected to skip the shopping and stay home to clean the house (which means vaccuum....but better than nothing). I was happy with that. The house looked great when I got home. Back to my shopping adventures. We went to the mall to get Gregory some new shoes. I had been eyeing a pair of Nike Shox Camo that are so cute and I was prepared today to bite the bullet and buy them. Of coarse they do not have them in Gregory's size. We will be waiting for them to come in the mail next week. We are leaving the shoe store and a woman is coming in with two small girls. One is about 3 and one about 5. The three year old looking one is in a stroller and her eye looks freshly blackened. Swollen and purple underneath. Ouch!!! I say to the nice lady, "Oh it looks like she took a fall". The lady says back to me, "It is a birth mark."...............oh crap........bury my face in the sand. How embarrassing! Now I have made myself a fool. Off to Costco. We are in Costco minding our own happy business and shopping along. I am looking at something and Gregory says from the cart, "Mommy, that just a witto guy". "What?" I say. "That just a witto guy," he repeats. I look and there, near our cart, is a little guy (I am sure the correct term is no longer midget)....but there he was with Gregory pointing at him. And then my two year old says, "Mommy, I am not little, I am a big kid." "Yes, Gregory," I say as I push my cart away from the little guy.....

No comments: