Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to Work

OK..so this is the week....the week that Tahoma teachers come back to school for four days of meetings before school will begin next Wednesday. This is a tough week. It did not used to be this hard...before we had kids. It is hard to get back into the swing of getting up at the crack of dawn (5:30ish) and getting myself ready very quietly so I am ready before the kids wake up. So far this week, I was almost ready yesterday when Maggee awoke and I was barely ready today. Yesterday, I grabbed Gregory's nice soft blanket and wrapped him in it before plugging his sleepy body in the car in his jammies. Since I have to be at work at 8:00, this means we must leave before 7:00 to get to Maple Valley where the kids are going three of the four days this week and get them settled before getting to my meeting by 8:00. It really has not been that bad. I am realizing why I am glad that the kids have childcare during the school year in Buckley close to home rather than being close to my school. Gregory has been choosing not to nap during the day so he zonks out within 5 minutes of being in the car. This means he is sleeping at 5:00. Maggee is so happy to see me after becoming quite the mommy's girl this summer and then I have to plug her in her car seat facing the rear....for a 45 minute drive home. She is not impressed! So, I will be glad when this week in over...when I am done with my meetings at 6:00 on Thursday. That will leave us with 5 straight days before the real day of back to school and daycare. We will find some fun things to do on some of those days....hmmmmm...maybe the zoo.

And then there is Jon. He is getting up before the crack of dawn to leave before
4:00. Tomorrow morning he will need to leave before 3:30 so he can be at a meeting at 4:30. OUCH. Of course, tonight Maggee did not want to go to sleep at 8, she needed to do a little grouchy crying. Jon was not impressed that he could not sleep. We need to get Maggee going to sleep a little easier. We may have to begin that training over the weekend.... stay tuned for how that goes. We were not so good at this with Gregory...

Ok, I am a sleepy girl. Night Night!

No comments: