Sunday, June 20, 2010

Finally

I knew it had been a long time since I posted, but did not realize it had been this long.  Wow.  I keep saying I will get better.  I guess I just get busier.  We are definately getting very tired of the rainy summer so far.  We are really hoping for some sun soon.....and not just one day of it either!  We are wet enough already.  Gregory and Maggee are even getting used to playing in the rain.  I have been off of work for only a few days and am really enjoying being home.....but boy do I run in circles trying to keep things in order and get everything done.  We have also been busy with activities.  Gregory has been in T-Ball since the beginning of June.  We have played two games and had two rainouts.  Looks like next week, we have games on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  That is a lot of t-ball for a 3 year old.....but he enjoys it and so do we.  We have come to the conclusion that 2 innings would be just right for those little guys instead of 3....but I guess we don't get to make the rules.  Maggee also enjoys getting in the action, but gets a little discouraged when she does not get to participate.  She wants to be right out there playing with them.  Yesterday, Gregory also got to participate in the Buckley Kids Log Show for his first time.  He got to do the wood ax throw, which he was in 4th or 5th place out of about 20 three to five year olds.  He also got to do the choker setting.  He had fun.  His first words when waking up yesterday morning were, "is today my loggin' show mommy?".  Maggee enjoyed the events yesterday as well.  She just got dirty and loved Timber the Clown, from a distance of course.  Jon and I have been doing great.  I am glad to be done working for the summer.  Jon is ready to work in some dry weather.  The rain is getting pretty old for him to work in every day.  He did get some fishing in this weekend.  He lost a few good ones yesterday, but brought home a nice 7 pound steelehead today. 
We have a fun and busy summer in store for us.  Next week, I have a three day technology workshop, which should be great.  In July, we will head to Spokane where we will meet up with my mom and grandma before heading to Montana for our annual trip to Dutton.  Upon returning to Spokane, we will hang out for a few days so that I can co-host a baby shower for a great school days friend, Kim Lawon, who will be having a baby girl in September.  That will put us away from home for two weeks.  When we get back, Jon will be on vacation for two weeks.  Who knows what will be in store for us then.  We may head to Winthrop for a few days....  we shall see.

No comments: